The School of Engineering at Stanford University was looking to move the school’s main website, as well as each of its departmental websites, onto a common platform using the Drupal open-source CMS.
The Project Goals
- Consolidate the Stanford School of Engineering programs and services, plus faculty and student information together on one site to simplify organization.
- Centralize design and content management to streamline maintenance.
- Conduct a number of persona workshops.
- Build a number of personas to help direct the project and meet the end-user objectives.
- Create opportunities within the department sites for different types of communication with the audience, such as news and announcements, tips & tricks, how-to articles, etc.
- Establish a relationship with freshman so they continue to use the sites as they progress through their schooling.
- Clarify the purpose and communicate the benefits to create an online destination.
- Improve findability of content to improve usability.
- Update the visual design.
- Offer a rich multimedia and interactive experience.
What We Did
- Requirements Analysis
- Requirements Documentation
- UX Design
- Personas & Persona Workshop
- Agile Project Management (Product Owner)